Acupressure with Essential Oils outlines the Oils and Points for each ailment at the end of each chapter. Just choose the oils indicated and apply them to one or more of the points indicated. There are pictures of models that show where the points are. If you need more of a description Chapter 29 provides the location of the point as well as the benefits of each point in general. In addition chapter 30 outlines the oils used in the book and a little more detail on their physical and emotional uses.
Videos are provided to continue teaching and showing you how to use the oils and point combinations to enhance your health and lift your spirits.
Excerpt: How to use essential oils on acupoints
The basic method for using essential oils on acupoints is simple and safe, and you can use it on yourself or on others. First, decide what condition you would like to work on. Sometimes there are many symptoms we would like to address, but it’s better to focus on one per session.
By keeping it simple you are telling the body what to focus on and you are not overwhelming the senses with too many oils. Plus, it’s easier to determine what oils and points work best for you. When you’re ready to start, find a comfortable place to relax. Sitting or lying down are both okay; just make sure you are able to access the acupoint without strain.
To effectively perform acupressure requires pressing acupoints appropriately; read the following guidelines to choose the correct technique and gauge the proper pressure. In general, acupressure practitioners use their
fingers to apply pressure and stimulate the acupoints.
• Locate the acupoint indicated.
• Practitioners commonly use the middle finger of their hands to press a specific point due to its length and greater strength. You can also use the first two fingers to ensure that you hit the point.
• Apply pressure continually and gradually, ultimately holding the acupoint with steady, direct finger pressure at a 90-degree angle. It’s best to hold the point vs. massaging it.
• To relax muscles or relieve pain, gradually apply increasing pressure for about three minutes up to fifteen minutes on one point. (decrease pressure if you feel pain) This calms the nervous system allows the body to “let go” into the healing.
The Fundamentals of Acupressure with Essential Oils Intro Videos
Video 1 – Understanding Meridians, you will learn:
- What Chi is, and how it affects the world around you.
- The basics of Meridians and how they relate to your emotions and physical feelings.
- How AcuPoints work on the body.
In Video 2 – Essential Oil Overview, you will learn:
- How to tailor certain essential oils to your Acupressure routine.
- The difference between the three difference kinds of essential oils.
Video 3 – Pain Relief, you will learn:
- The specific points that you can tap in order to release pain and gain emotional freedom.
- More information on different types of oils and how they work.
Video 1 – Part 1
Video 1 -Part 2
Video 2: Brief overview of Essential Oils
Video 3 – Case study
Want to lean more?
Discover the healing power of essential oils paired with ancient acupressure techniques in this engaging guide to whole-body care (on Amazon.)